Saturday, January 19, 2013

2013's Accomplish List

At the start of the new year, I decided I was going to take this year to change my body. Well now I think, I need to blog at least the weeks. Recording my thoughts and process is what's best or I will have no idea what is going on.
So I have created a list of things I will accomplish this year.
1. Finish my novel. I've been writing it for over five years. It needs to be finished and then I can work on getting published. December 31st, 2013 is my deadline. If it's not finished, then the project is over. I can't keep doing this to myself.
2. Lose 23 pounds. That's it? That's your goal? Yes. I want that scale to say 199 lbs, and I will be happy.
3. Become a cyclist. I always seemed to like cycle class, so why not become good at it? I discovered a new thing at the gym yesterday. It's a program that the bikes are set up with where you ride on all these different courses from beginner, moderate, to challenges. They are set up with the internet and I've already registered so I can track my progress.
4. Run a 5k. It's not like I'm trying to do a marathon. This is another thing that will let me know, I can do it. Right now, my body doesn't want to train and it's rather upsetting but I can only do what my body allows. I refuse to hurt myself in the process.
5. Know the basics of pole dancing. I am thankful that I have some amazing women in the pole community to help me. If I can invert by the end of the year, hell yeah. If not, I"m not gonna be disappointed. The thing about being a plus size dancer is that it may take it a little longer for us to get things. We are bigger and we have more to hold up, but we are insanely strong for it, body and mind.
6. Become versed in yoga. I love yoga. I know I'm lazy for it but I love it. My plans are to become very knowledgeable of it. I'm trying to find a book right now so I can learn everything about it. I think it will be helpful to me.

It's a small list and it's doable. It's week 3 and this week has been a lazy one. For a few days I kind of lost my way. One day I traded the gym for cake and another day I just didn't want to go to the gym. These are mistakes that happen and I will accept them, then learn from there. I'm still learning to eat better and workout properly.

I will accomplish my goals, and stand proud.


1 comment:

  1. Hi how are u doing now I am also a plus size dancer and I love me but I want more true it's not easy for us but it's a avenue out there for us I would love too talk too u

    ReplyDelete