Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Yogurt and Granola Parfait

I am a college student and I also work so when I wake up, take the dog out and start getting ready for school or work, I tend to leave the house without eating. Then I spend the time craving, and hungry and moody. So I wanted something quick and easy.
In the Flat Belly Diet Cookbook, there is a recipe called Granola Parfait. It takes five minutes to make so I thought I'd try it.
The original recipe calls for bananas, raspberries, plain Greek yogurt, and granola. The granola is actually another recipe but I wont cover that now.
Okay, so has anyone tastes plain yogurt? It was one of the most disgusting things I've ever tasted. I'd eat cottage cheese over it. While I was doing a grocery store stop, I looked at Greek yogurts. I grabbed some 6oz Chobani flavors that I thought I'd try. I have a love/hate relationship with yogurt. I will have weeks where I'm obsessed but then I get sick of it and the remaining huge box goes to waste. Yesterday, I threw out about six little cups of chocolate Yoplait yogurt. Not the usual flavors, the expensive shit. But anyway, I got strawberry, pineapple, and peach.
Today, I took the pineapple. Placed it in the bowl and made a discovery. Take it that I've never had this brand so it was fun to discover little pieces of pineapple in the bottle. It was like an extra surprise in my yogurt that wasn't something nasty like a roach like some guy did in some movie that I can't remember the name of.
I plied in some dried blueberries and cherrys, along with a lot of old-fashioned oats and walnuts. Me and my addiction to walnuts right now. It will end, one day. Then, because I loove fruit, I chopped up some strawberries.
As I was picking up my walnuts from Kroger I stood around and looked at all the stuff in that area, like the little containers of candy and trail mix. I even eyed the chocolate covered pretzels. Tempting, very tempting. But as I pulled my eyes from those tempting whores, I looked at all that they have so I plan to experiment with different nuts and seeds for these quick yogurt dishes and for homemade granola.


The yogurt wasn't as bad as I thought. It still tasted a pit like smooth cottage cheese but everything in this dish helped. It was quick and easy which is what most of us want.

No comments:

Post a Comment